Fire Sprinklers Contain Hotel Dryer Fire | Serving Upland, CA

new construction

EASTON — Deputy state fire marshals are investigating a fire that damaged the Holiday Inn Express at 8561 Ocean Gateway at about 5 p.m. Saturday evening, Jan. 18. The fire marshal’s office said the fire was an accident, the result of a natural gas leak that was ignited by a pilot light in a clothes dryer in the hotel’s first-floor laundry room.

The fire activated the hotel’s automatic fire sprinkler system, the fire marshal’s office said, and the sprinklers were highly effective in containing the fire to the immediate area around the dryer until the arrival of firefighters. Firefighters said smoke filled the entire first floor and part of the second floor.

Fifty firefighters from Easton, Cordova, St. Michaels, and Trappe were able to control the fire in less than 20 minutes, according to the fire marshal’s office.

One hotel employee was treated and released at Easton Memorial Hospital for minor smoke inhalation sustained while trying to approach the fire with an extinguisher, the fire marshal’s office said. Fifty-three guests were present at the time of the fire and were evacuated during the incident, but were able to return to their rooms shortly after the fire, the fire marshal’s office said.

Source: Stardem.com: http://www.stardem.com/article_0d765e48-6e6f-575a-9f1d-b389e3ec527c.html

For a free estimate on Fire Sprinkler Installation call CJ Suppression in Corona, CA at 888-821-2334. For over 20 years CJ Suppression has been installing fire sprinklers and fire suppression systems in new construction and tenant improvements. Visit our website for more information at www.cjsuppression.com.

Proudly serving Corona, Chino, Ontario, Redlands, Moreno Valley, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Rialto, Fontana and all surrounding areas.