Fire Sprinkler Installation could have saved lives at Mariner’s Cove Inn

fire sprinkler system

On Friday March 28th, the Mariner’s Cove Inn in Point Pleasant, NJ caught on fire causing the death of four individuals and serve injuries to eight others. Although the incident is said to be caused by a piece of furniture that caught fire from a cigarette, David Kurasz, executive director of the New Jersey Fire Sprinkler Advisory Board claims that the fire sprinklers were extremely outdated. Because the motel began operating in 1985 it was not equipped with the proper fire sprinkler installation that modern hotels, motels, and bed-and-breakfast are required to have. According to Kurasz “People don’t realize how quick a fire starts and how quick it travels and spreads. You have so much less time than you think you do in a fire situation. You have seconds, and it’s not ‘let me grab my things or let me do this.” Kurasz goes on to say that with a proper fire sprinkler installation, those individuals who died and suffered injuries would have survived.  

In order to promote public safety, the professionals at CJ Suppression encourage individuals to have a thorough fire sprinkler installation so that incidents like the tragedy at the Mariner’s Cove Inn do not occur. CJ Suppression have only the most skilled workers to ensure that the public is safe from fire accidents that can arise from something as small as a cigarette. To avoid any health and safety hazards, consult with the professionals at CJ Suppression for a fire sprinkler installation.

For more questions on fire sprinkler installation call CJ Suppression in Corona, CA at (888) 821-2334 or visit www.cjsuppression.com.

CJ Suppression proudly serves Corona, Riverside, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Chino, Fontana, and surrounding areas.