Tag Archives: fire sprinkler systems

Fire Sprinkler Installation could have saved lives at Mariner’s Cove Inn

fire sprinkler system

On Friday March 28th, the Mariner’s Cove Inn in Point Pleasant, NJ caught on fire causing the death of four individuals and serve injuries to eight others. Although the incident is said to be caused by a piece of furniture that caught fire from a cigarette, David Kurasz, executive director of the New Jersey Fire Sprinkler Advisory Board claims that the fire sprinklers were extremely outdated. Because the motel began operating in 1985 it was not equipped with the proper fire sprinkler installation that modern hotels, motels, and bed-and-breakfast are required to have. According to Kurasz “People don’t realize how quick a fire starts and how quick it travels and spreads. You have so much less time than you think you do in a fire situation. You have seconds, and it’s not ‘let me grab my things or let me do this.” Kurasz goes on to say that with a proper fire sprinkler installation, those individuals who died and suffered injuries would have survived.  

In order to promote public safety, the professionals at CJ Suppression encourage individuals to have a thorough fire sprinkler installation so that incidents like the tragedy at the Mariner’s Cove Inn do not occur. CJ Suppression have only the most skilled workers to ensure that the public is safe from fire accidents that can arise from something as small as a cigarette. To avoid any health and safety hazards, consult with the professionals at CJ Suppression for a fire sprinkler installation.

For more questions on fire sprinkler installation call CJ Suppression in Corona, CA at (888) 821-2334 or visit www.cjsuppression.com.

CJ Suppression proudly serves Corona, Riverside, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Chino, Fontana, and surrounding areas.

Fire Sprinklers save an Apartment Buliding | Residential Fire Sprinklers | Corona, CA

fire suppressionFirefighters credited a sprinkler system for sparing other units from serious damage after fire broke out at an apartment Friday night at The Classic at the Preserve in Woodbury, WI.

Tenants on a first-floor apartment were cooking with oil and walked away from the stove when the contents of the pan caught fire and spread quickly into the surrounding cabinetry. No one was injured in the fire, which was contained to one unit, but caused the three-story building to be temporarily evacuated.

The fire triggered a sprinkler head to release water throughout the apartment, which is being called “very fortunate.”

“It could have been ugly,” Woodbury fire department Cmdr. said.

Fire Suppression System Saves University Building | Corona, CA

Firefighters were called to a building fire at Southern New Hampshire University early Tuesday morning. Manchester firefighters said around 4:30 a.m., campus security saw smoke coming from Exeter Hall.

When crews arrived, firefighters said it took them a minute to find the fire because the building was so big.

Firefighters said the fire was electrical and started under a fish tank in an office across from the university’s servers.

The sprinkler system contained the fire and stopped it from spreading.

Firefighters said the building, which was under renovation, was empty.

Fire suppression systems save lives, homes, businesses and property. Let CJ Suppression keep your home or office safe. Don’t wait, contact them today at 888-821-2334 or visit their website www.cjsuppression.com.

Source: WMURNews.com

Apartments and Restaurant saved by Fire Sprinkler System

MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) — Several people had to spent the night elsewhere after a fire broke out in a downtown Maryville apartment.

Maryville Fire Deputy Chief David Hodges said the fire started in the kitchen of an apartment in the 100 block of West Broadway around 10 p.m. Sunday.

The fire was contained to the kitchen. But other apartments and the popular restaurant below were damaged by water from the sprinkler system. It’s not clear if Sullivan’s Fine Foods would be open Monday.

“The sprinkler system did its job,” said Hodges, who said the fire would have spread rapidly if not for the overhead sprinklers in the building.

Hodges said the American Red Cross provided help for the six people were displaced.

He said most residents would likely be able to return to their homes Monday.

Article source: Local8now.com