During the pandemic, we were forced to figure out things to keep us occupied at home. Some of us learned to bake bread, others learned to eat bread – lots of it. Regardless of how we spent our time indoors, it is important that we keep ourselves safe and sound from fire. After all, accidents happen all the time – we should be aware of anything that can lead to one. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- When cooking, keep your eye on everything on the stove and make sure to turn off the oven after you’re done.
- Clean out your laundry lint traps. Believe it or not, the lint can catch on fire.
- Make sure you’ve stored any toilet paper surplus away from any heat source, like a furnace or clothes dryer.
- Candles are a great way to soothe a soul, just make sure to buy flameless ones to prevent accidents.
- During your family time, why not discuss a fire escape plan? Everyone’s input will not only ensure that everyone is aware of what to do but will create a special bonding because you are looking after each other.
Summertime is a great time to get outside and enjoy the sun. And now that we are slowly able to hang out with friends and family again, BBQs are wonderful ways to celebrate. If you’re sparking the grill, make sure to keep it at least three feet from the house. Any random sparks could possibly ruin your fun. Being prepared for any accidents is a great way to not only protect your property and loved ones, but also allows you to relax and enjoy yourself.
For more information about fire safety tips for your home, call CJ Suppression at 888-821-2334 or visit the website at www.cjsuppression.com.
CJ Suppression proudly serves Corona, CA and all surrounding areas.